Select RIGHT PMP training Institute
The question “How to select the RIGHT PMP training Institute” is really troubling all PMP aspirants.
Why the answer to this question is so difficult? Here are the reasons-
- There is n number of training institutes and there is cut-throat competition among them.
- Institute’s survival is in the hands of their marketing team.
- The marketing team has to show, how their institute is UNIQUE and how their institute can only show the SUCCESS PATH.
- And since marketing people hardly follow any ethics, they present very false data and make false promises to the candidates.
So while finalizing the institute, the candidate is supposed to consider few things-
- The trainer’s profile: The candidate should consider 2 things- the trainer’s experience in actual Project Management area and his experience as a trainer (Ganesh Watve, PMP, SCRUM Master). The trainer is the backbone of the whole training process. He can share many real-time experiences that may or may not be available in the books. Such experiences and real-time scenarios can help students to visualize the course content.
- The course material: Once 4 days classroom training is over, what helps the student the most- is the course material, the reference material, simulation tests, and most important is his own notes taken at the time of classroom sessions. The material quality and the material provider always matters a lot.
- The training methodology of the trainer and the course material should be in sync. Nowadays, many institutes appoint any trainer at the last moment. Such on-the-fly trainers, do not know about the course material. They complete ONLY the training formalities. The classroom training and the course material never matches.
- Post-training Support: PMP exams are comparatively very difficult and self-study, consistency in the study- matters a lot. Post-training self-preparation needs support from the trainer- the same trainer. The trainer’s availability and his interest in answering queries is very important- as we are providing at SarvaShikshan
- Testimonials: While selecting the institute, it is always better to talk with the ex-students of the institute and read the testimonials. These ex-students are the genuine marketing people for the institutes. The mouth publicity from these people plays a very crucial role than any of the paid marketing people of the institute.
Hope this article can help in deciding RIGHT PMP training Institute.
Wish you all the best for your PMP way!
The article is taken from Quora blog/answer by our founder/director/ trainer- Ganesh Watve. https://www.quora.com/profile/Ganesh-Watve
PMP, CAPM, PMBOK have registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.